This modular system consists of a metal frame of variable size and geometry that can be placed around a home cage or other test arena, such as open field, hole board, light/dark box or place preference box. Evenly spaced infrared light beams are emitted along the X and Y axis. Beam interruptions caused by movements of the animal are sensed and registered at high spatial and temporal resolution. An optional rearing (Z axis) indicator in the form of a second frame at variable height completes the system.
ActiMot2 Software (an integral part of the PhenoMaster Software) allows in depth activity/exploration analysis with more than 100 automatically calculated parameters. The analysis can be customized with various inbuilt options, including the definition of regions of interest (e.g., center, surround, feeding and drinking corners), and the definition of detection thresholds, such as for sleeping/resting behavior. A variety of display options – movement tracks, numerical or 3-D displays of position and time variables, etc. – provide quick insight into the activity and exploration pattern of the animal.
- Sensitive and reliable activity detection in three dimensions (X-Y-Z axis)
- Sensor status changes according to movement - permanently interrupted light beams are ignored
- Highly detailed and comprehensive numerical and graphical activity analysis
- Spatial and temporal resolution are adaptable to experiment requirements
- Different frame sizes and geometries
- Flexible use with different arenas
- Available as combination system for mice and rats
- Product Details