Modular running wheel systems are available for experiments with time and distance control, with adjustable work loads and with pre-programmed speed profiles. The systems are supplied with the PhenoMaster software package that can be used to specify a user-defined experimental design.
- Voluntary wheel revolution can be detected by the PhenoMaster software with 90° resolution, left or right rotation can be distinguished
- An "enabled / disabled" mode with time and distance control provides a new reward feature
- The running wheels can be equipped with a PC controlled rotation resistance for applying different work loads
- Wheel drums with variable rod distances allow automated motor skill testing (new paradigm)
- CaloWheels surrounded by sealed housing can be used for speed-controlled calorimetric exercise tests