TSE Operant Behavior Systems are fully computerized Skinner boxes built from a wide choice of individual components that are easily mounted into the base construction. Each Skinner box is a completely self-contained unit in a sound and light-attenuating fan-ventilated housing suitable for all standard operant tasks.
Box control and data acquisition are made easy with the comprehensive TSE Operant Behavior software package. Run one of the preprogrammed schedules which are continuously being further developed according to the latest research applications. Alternatively individually designed schedules can be created employing our unique and easy-to-learn free programming language.
Special box configurations allow Learned Helplessness or drug self-administration experiments to be performed.
Operant Behavior tasks can also be performed with the new TSE PhenoMaster research platform – this comprehensive phenotyping system allows operant behavior studies under stress-free conditions in a home cage environment (for more details, see the operant learning module Operant Wall)
- Versatile modular boxes for rats & mice
- Standard, weight-adjustable, illuminated or retractable levers or nose-poke response modules
- Single and triple cue lamps
- Choice of food and liquid reinforcers incl. intravenous self-administration configuration. The pellets are available in sizes of 14/ 20/ 45 mg (mice 14mg, rats 20/45mg).
- Standard rewarding schedules: FR, VR, PR, FI, VI, PI, DRH and DRL, Geller conflict, drug discrimination
- Integrated flexible program editor for user-defined protocols