The AudioBox is an innovative solution to enable acoustic conditioning in connection with a home cage. The conditioning apparatus inside a sound-attenuated box is linked to the home cage, for example an IntelliCage, outside.
Transponderized test and control animals are kept in a social group in the home cage. Access to the conditioning area is monitored by antenna inside the AudioBox and conditioning experiments can be performed on the isolated test animal. The conditioning setup uses similar technology as an IntelliCage corner, i.e. reinforcement by air puff, reward by liquids, or multicolor LEDs for choice discrimination.
- Automated acoustic conditioning
- High animal welfare through group housing
- Minimal experimenter interference – improved data comparability
- Selected access to conditioning area possible via AnimalGate
- Frequency or gap discrimination studies possible