The TSE RotaRod System is a flexible tool for studying motor coordination or fatigue resistance in rats and mice. We provide standard models for 5 mice and for 4 rats. The rat unit can also be upgraded with a drum suitable for mice. For obese and / or old rats a model for 3 rats with extra space is available.
Each lane is controlled by its own timer operated independently. Animal falls are detected by light-beam sensors. Motor speed for drum rotation is controlled electronically. Each RotaRod is supplied complete with a control unit that is connected to the PC notebook by a USB interface. A user-friendly Windows software allows to define, store and run automatically speed profiles with up to 100 steps per profile; within each step the initial speed, final speed and acceleration / deceleration time can be defined. All RotaRod units are also equipped with a programmable reverse rotation mode. With its most flexible and unique test protocols, performance differences between animals can be detected that cannot be differentiated by other systems.
- Speed range: 1-60 rpm, constant or accelerating / decelerating
- Programmable speed profiles with up to 100 individual steps for refined motor skill testing
- Including reverse rotation feature
- Optional electric shocker module
- Extra-high units available if shock reinforcement is not suitable
- Data export into Excel