The TSE Treadmill System is a fully computerized electronically controlled system to investigate exercise physiology in rats and mice. The treadmill is driven by a servo controlled motor which provides precise operator-defined speed profiles.
The user-friendly Windows software allows programming, storing and running of user-defined speed profiles as a combination of constant speed and acceleration/deceleration phases with adjustable durations. The available speed range is 0.07- 2m/sec, depending on the species analyzed. Test modes allow the application of electric stimuli by manual control. The data files generated are compatible with all common programs for further statistical evaluation.
The Treadmill System is also available in a calorimetric configuration (CaloTreadmill) for concomitant metabolic investigations.
- Up to 8 individual exercise lanes for high throughput measurement
- Angle of inclination adjustable between -10 and + 25 degrees
- Software-programmable speed profiles
- Trial start is registered for each lane individually by separate timer
- Adjustable light-beam sensors for each lane detect when the animal leaves the running belt
- Pre-programmed foot shock can be applied when the animal leaves the belt