The CaloTreadmill is a fully computer-controlled system to investigate exercise calorimetry in mice and rats. CaloTreadmills are enclosed by an air-tight transparent housing that can be connected to a fully automated indirect gas calorimetry system (CaloSys) operated by PhenoMaster software. Calorimetric parameters, such as oxygen consumption (VO2), carbon dioxide production (VCO2), respiratory exchange rate (RQ) and energy expenditure (EE) are determined at fixed temporal intervals while the test animal is moving according to an experimenter-defined activity profile.
- The running belt is driven by a servo controlled motor
- The belt surface provides optimal grip
- Speed profiles can be user-defined with acceleration and deceleration phases
- Incline and decline can be adjusted to control workload/strain of the joints
- Optional stimuli: electric shock, manual pusher, air puff
- Equipped with a fully automated indirect gas calorimetry system (CaloSys)