"Large-scale, high-throughput automated systems for phenotyping mouse models of human disease – PhenoScale"
TSE Systems is the official technology partner in the European Union PhenoScale Project.
The goal of the PhenoScale project is to automate phenotyping in large-scale manner using standard protocols or SOPs, such as those contained in the European Mouse Phenotyping Resource of Standardized Screens (EMPReSS) with the aim of adding economies of scale, enhancing automated data capture and increasing throughput.
Objectives of the PhenoScale Project
- Development of a new high-throughput automated phenotyping platform using home cage monitoring on the basis of the TSE PhenoMaster System
- Development of new EMPReSS SOP's using this novel system and validation of this approach with selected mouse models at different European mouse clinics (cross-checking / cross-validation)
- Optimization of the high-throughput technology systems by advanced interfacing and extended software capabilities
- Medical Research Council – Mammalian Genetics Unit – Harwell, UK
- National Research Council, CNR – Institute of Cell Biology, IBC – Monterotondo, Italy
- GSF National Research Centre for Environment and Health – German Mouse Clinic, GMC – Munich, Germany
- The Italian Institute of Technology, ITT – Genova, Italy